Herein Orville Heyn will be referred to as 'the teacher'. Any individual who has given money for the teacher's services shall be referred to as 'the student'.
The following policies are as much for the benefit of all students enrolled in The Singer's Body Classes as they are for the teacher. These policies are upheld to ensure that a single individual will not hinder the progress or flow of classes for the rest of the group. These policies also encourage each individual to reflect upon his or her level of commitment before commencing classes and hence prevent that person from wasting a spot that could have otherwise been used by a potentially serious student.
- A set of 10 classes must be paid for in full prior to the start of the first class. Failure to do so will result in the student forfeiting his or her right of admission and right to any resource materials. In this situation, a deposit that has been paid to the teacher is non-refundable.
- A student who wishes to drop out of the course and receive a refund must deliver his or her request in writing a minimum of 48 hours prior to the start of the second class. If the request is not received by that time, a refund will not be issued. E-mails are acceptable.
- Tuition paid by the student is not transferable to a different set of
- It is up to the teacher's discretion to make alternate arrangements for the student who needs to drop out of the class for health reasons and can provide a doctor's note to support his or her decision. Work related issues are not considered a relevant reason for circumventing the refund policy.
- Cancellation deadlines are as follows: 48 hours notice for all classes except for the first class, which requires 72 hours notice. Refunds are calculated by subtracting the registration/administration cost ($50.00), the number of class cancellation deadlines that have passed prior to the request for a refund ($31 per class deadline), and the cost of materials handed out ($20 per CD) from the amount originally paid by the student.
The remainder will be refunded as long as it is in accordance with the
preceding section 2. To receive a refund that includes the cost the second class, written notice stating the studentís intention to back out must be given a minimum of 48 hours prior to that class. For a full refund to be issued, the student must cancel his or her registration in writing a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of the first class.
- The teacher reserves the right to remove any student from participation in classes due to behavior that is disruptive, unprofessional, or rude. This does not alter the refund policy in any way.
- The teacher is not responsible for making up missed classes for the student unless prior arrangements to do so have been agreed upon or unless the teacher misses a class.
- The first class in the Level One series must be attended by all students who are registered in The Singer's Body. Students who have not covered the content of the first class prior to the second class will not be allowed to continue with the rest of the group.
No refund will be issued outside of the boundaries laid out in the above Refund Policy.
- If a student knows in advance that he or she will miss the first class and still wishes to register, the teacher will make alternate plans to cover the information with the student prior to the second class, and AT NO EXTRA COST TO THE STUDENT. This is totally at the teacher's discretion and requires that arrangements be made a minimum of 5 days prior to the second class. 48 hours notice is required to cancel a make up class covering the information from week one. If that session is missed without proper notice, the student must reschedule for a time prior to the second class and at a time that suits the teacher's schedule. In this situation the teacher's regular hourly rate of $75.00/hour for private lessons will be applied to the rescheduled session.
- If a student misses the first group class without 48 hours notice, he or she will have to make himself or herself available to do a make up session prior to the second class to continue with the group. In this situation the teacher's regular hourly rate of $75.00/hour for private lessons will be applied to the session.
- Make up options:
- Any student can substitute two missed classes, and only two, for a one-hour private lesson as long as the teacher is informed of the two dates he or she will miss prior to the start of the first class. This does not apply to Level One students if one of the two missed classes is the first in the entire series since that one will be made up separately in order for the student to continue.
- Level One: If the student misses one of classes 6 through 10 in the series and another set of Level One classes is running concurrent to his or her group, the student can make up the missed class with the alternate group. This is allowed a maximum of two times and requires that the student inform the teacher of his or her absence prior to missing the class.
- Level One: If the student misses one of classes 2 through 5 in the series, the teacher will make sure that the student gets caught up the following week. The teacher is not responsible for this if the student misses 2 or more classes in a row.
- Level Two: If the student misses any class in the series and another set of Level Two classes is running concurrent to his or her group, the student can make up the missed class with the alternate group. This is allowed a maximum of five times and requires that the student inform the teacher of his or her absence prior to missing the class.
- The teacher is not responsible for making up any missed classes by the student if it falls outside of the guidelines written in these make up options.
- The teacher takes no responsibility for the student not reading or understanding these policies, which have been made available for his or her information.
If I am holding a lesson time for you, it likely means I have turned away another student. Therefore I require contact a minimum of 24 hours in advance of your scheduled lesson in writing (via email) if you plan on cancelling. If I receive less than 24 hours notice, the student will be required to pay the full amount for the time they booked and missed.